Doors Open at 8:00am Teachers will open their doors at 8:00 am. Students in grades 1-5 will enter class through the exterior classroom door. KINDERGARTEN students will enter through the main lobby (either from the front or back of the school). Staff will guide children to their rooms when class starts.
Students who eat breakfast at school can arrive at 7:40 and must remain in the cafeteria until school starts.
BUS RIDERS will either go to breakfast or will be assigned a space to wait until class begins (safely spread apart).
We encourage all WALKERS and BIKE RIDERS not to arrive until just before 8 am. We do not have places for large numbers of students to gather and wait before school starts.
- KINDERGARTEN students will be dropped off at the main office.
- FIRST and SECOND graders will be dropped off at the front corner of the school nearest 174th.
- THIRD, FOURTH, and FIFTH graders will be dropped off in the lower parking lot, near the back of the cafeteria.
Parents in the drop off / pick up lane are asked pull their car forward each time there is room in front of them. This helps to cut down on overall congestion and traffic on 174th.
Parents are welcome to walk their student to their classroom door, but are asked to park in designated spots only.
There will be spaces marked for students to wait outside their classrooms until the doors open at 8 am.
I would encourage you not to arrive earlier than 7:50 am. We will not be marking tardies until 8:15 the first two weeks of school while we get our procedures ironed out. We appreciate your help.
Kindergarten - 2nd Grade
- Students who are picked up by a parent, or sibling, will be picked up directly from the teacher’s outside classroom door (Please walk around the outside of the building to pick up). This will cut down on the traffic in the building, and ensure a safe hand off between teacher and parent.
- Students who are car riders will go outside their side doors to the car pick-up spot. Kindergarteners will be picked up by a staff member and escorted to the pick-up spot.
- Bus riders will be picked up by a staff member, walked outside, and dropped off at the bus loading area.
- Students who are walkers will be allowed to exit through the teacher's classroom door.
- All students in grades 3-5 exit through their exterior classroom door to the outside.
- Students picking up Kindergarten or first grade brothers/sisters will exit the exterior door of their classroom and then meet their siblings at the exterior door of their sibling's classroom.
- All Parents may wait outside of the class for their student to be released to them.
- We ask that you wait until the teacher opens the door. Please remember that they are trying to maximize the instructional time they have with students.